Ag Alumni Mentoring Program Applications OPEN!
150 Alumni Mentors to choose from — Applications closes on September 30
Are unsure of exactly what you can do with you degree? Or do you want to learn more about the agricultural industry? What better way to learn than to experience it with someone working in the industry. The College of Agriculture invites you to apply to be a part of their Ag Alumni Mentoring program for the 2022-23 academic year. During this nine month program students will have a deepened knowledge of the industry, have a network of alumni to aid in their career exploration, and have the opportunity to job shadow, network, and tour the agricultural industry. Students will have their resumes critiqued by the industry, be provided job shadowing experiences, participate in networking events and be invited to enroll in our AGRI 4970 –“Goodness of Fit” Career Planning Course to be taught in the spring by Mr. Sam Johnson, retired Exxon Mobil Executive. To apply simply click here. In the application you will be able to see the available mentors in the program. Unsure if the program is for you or have questions about the program? Contact Megan Ross .
NASDA Spring Policy Intern
The National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA) seeking applicants for their Spring Policy Internship. The application deadline is October 31, 2022.
Nkonzo Wildlife Research Internship opportunities are available
Nkonzo Wildlife Research based in the Western Cape of South Africa is currently searching to fill internship positions of 2-16 weeks in duration to assist in their conservation and research efforts throughout the year. Interns live in self-catering apartments in the coastal town of Hartenbos, Western Cape, and travel Monday to Friday to various game reserves and properties in the area for fieldwork. Check out the opportunity here.
Part-Time Job Opportunities
Alabama Gleaning Network seeking to find part-time help this fall
The Alabama Gleaning Network, a program of the Society of St. Andrew has two part-time positions for students in Alabama interested in agriculture, non-profit work, food waste.
Full-Time Job Opportunities
Southeast Forest Products seeking Inside Sales Representative
Southeast Forest Products is seeking an experienced Inside Sales Rep to join the Montgomery Corporate Headquarters. Job Responsibilities include:
- Provide outstanding customer service and find ways to enhance the customer experience
- Work with Sales Manager to achieve company sales objectives
- Research and resolve customer complaints and conflicts in an effective manner
- Promote the Company’s mission, vision, and values at all times
- Maintain personal integrity and a high level of professionalism with internal and external customers at all times
- Always represents Southeast Forest Products with a professional appearance and demeanor
- Prepare timely and accurate quotes and sales order
- Receive incoming customer requests and communicate any delays and/or backorders to customers along with the outside salesman
Submit a resume to Sellars McCurdy, Sales Manager.
Huntsville Botanical Garden Job Openings
Check out these opportunities with Huntsville Botanical Gardens:
ADEM is hiring for multiple positions
The Fertilizer Institute seeking to fill communication positions
TFI seeking to fill a Manager, Communications and Manager, Digital Engagement. The Manager, Communications will be a strategic thinking and excellent writer and content producer in TFI’s efforts to tell the story of fertilizer to multiple audiences. Working closely with the Director, Public Affairs, the Senior Manager will provide strategic communications support for the association through the development of a weekly newsletter, blog postings, issue briefs, annual & other reports, membership material, web content & design, presentation materials, press releases & statements, talking points, and executive remarks. A key member of the External Affairs team, the Senior Manager will work across departments to remain up to date on key happenings within the organization and build a strong knowledge base to create content.
The Manager, Digital Engagement will act as the lead in managing The Fertilizer Institute’s digital media program. Working within the External Affairs team, the Manager will execute a social media strategy that promotes TFI as the leading voice for the fertilizer industry, promotes the industry’s efforts around sustainability, champions TFI’s public policy positions, strengthens the association’s voice on social channels, tells the story of fertilizer, and increases engagement with key audiences. This includes content creation and posting, developing a weekly social calendar, advanced planning for yearly events and special days, monitoring other social channels for news/trends and engaging in conversation, and measuring the performance of social media content and campaigns.
To apply for these positions email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore a career in Food Safety!
State and Federal Food Safety Regulatory Job Opportunities available across the US. Check out all of the opportunities available here.
Bio Alabama Career Webpage now available
Check out Bio Alabama’s Career Webpage for opportunities in the Biotechnology fields.
Auburn University Student Worker positions
Looking for Student Position at Auburn — Go here and click on “Student Positions”
Fall 2022 Career & Professional Development Events
Ag Alumni Mentoring Program Applications NOW Open
USDA Workshop Series — — REGISTRATION OPEN
- September 12, Building a Federal Resume, 12 pm, 218 Upchurch Hall
- September 19, Navigating USA Jobs, 12 pm, 218 Upchurch Hall
- September 28, Panel Discussion, 4 pm, 207 Comer Hall
Our Work Seminar Films — REGISTRATION COMING SOON
- September 23, Five Points Farm, Petals From the Past & the Student Experience, 246 Funchess Hall, 12 – 1 pm.
- October 26, D&F Equipment and the Miller Poultry Center – Enhancing the on-campus Student Experience, 307 Corley Hall, 12-1 pm
- November 4, Alabama Cooperative Extension Programs: An Inside Look!(Grow More, Give More Program & ServSafe & Cottage Food Training ), 307 Corley Hall, 12 -1 pm
- Horticulture Career Fair, September 27, 1 -4 pm AU Alumni Center
- College of Agriculture Career Fair, September 29, 1 -4 pm, AU Alumni Center