THE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE WILL:
- Prepare and mentor students to meet their full potential through discovery, innovation and high-impact experiences.
- Foster an atmosphere and community of ambition, innovation and self-improvement, where faculty, staff and students are continually challenged to personally grow and create new solutions.
- Encourage, equip and enable faculty, staff and students to create innovative and sustainable solutions to agricultural, food, natural resource and environmental challenges in ways that benefit stakeholders.
- Deliver education, research and extension programs that advance science, develop disciplinary leaders, stimulate economic development and improve quality of life and well-being.
To become a premier college of agriculture known for our development of students, faculty and staff as national and global leaders in the world’s largest industry. Our inclusive, diverse and engaged academic community will prepare them to lead the way in high-impact education, research and extension activities in agriculture, food and natural resources for the purpose of improved quality of life and well-being for individuals and communities.
- Agriculture and the underlying science necessary to sustain a safe and healthy food system while protecting our environment and natural resources
- Students and their preparation to be responsible future leaders
- Faculty and staff and their personal and professional development as leaders in their fields
- Innovative scholarship in teaching, research and extension that advances science and improves the quality of life and well-being of people
- A learning and working environment that is caring, diverse, inclusive and supports the creative potential of students, faculty and staff