Developing sustainable solutions for life’s essential challenges
Biosystems engineers work to ensure our communities have safe and plentiful food to eat, pure water to drink, clean fuel and energy sources, and a safe, healthy environment in which to live. As a student in biosystems engineering, you’ll use principles of engineering and biology to solve problems in biological systems, agriculture, natural resources and the environment.
Auburn offers the only accredited biosystems engineering program in Alabama, and the forest engineering option is the only one of its kind in the South.
- The biosystems engineering major will give you a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, chemistry and engineering mechanics that is common to all engineers.
- You’ll combine this engineering knowledge with biological expertise related to environmental protection and the production, processing and distribution of food and fiber and off-highway vehicle engineering.
What can I do with a Major in Biosystems Engineering?
- Sustainability & Renewable Energy
- Environmental, Ecosystems Restoration
- Forest Operations Design & Management
- Manufacturing & Equipment Design
- Water Resources Engineering
- Food & Biomaterials Engineering
- Utility Design Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
Find out more careers you can have by visiting our Career Discovery services page.