Finding balance & Help when you need it.
The college experience is more than textbooks, classes, exams and GPAs. It’s about getting involved in campus life, and you cannot help but do that as a student on Ag Hill.
Always start by getting to know your AU profile options and tools here:
We offer a variety of services and resources carefully designed to ensure your learning, involvement, and professional development.
COA Student FAQ
Please read these frequently asked student questions to help guide you.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY MAJOR?
Changing your major is an important decision. You want to make sure you are making the right choice for you. If you are considering changing your major, you should always first talk with your advisor to learn the implications of your choice.
Changing to a different major within the College of Agriculture
Take a look at what academic major is a better fit for you. After talking with your advisor, you will need to fill out a Change of Major Form.
To change to a major outside the College of Agriculture
- Make an appointment with your advisor on Advise Assist to talk about changing your major.
- After confirming with your advisor that a change of major is the right option for you, your advisor may send you to talk with the college/school of your intended major before filling out a Major Change form with you.
- Once you have reached a decision, your advisor will fill out a Major Change form with you.
- You will take the Major Change form to your new college/school. They will change your major and assign you a new advisor within your major.
All undergraduate majors offered at Auburn University are listed in the AU Bulletin.
How do I add or change a Minor?
Adding or Changing your Minor
We encourage all students to use elective hours to earn a minor in a field that compliments your majors. A minor can help deepen your major curriculum or apply it in a more practical, career-specific way. Each of our minors is carefully designed to enhance a variety of majors in business, engineering, and the agricultural, natural and basic sciences.
To declare a minor in the College of Agriculture, please first talk with the appropriate academic advisor in your college.
Adding or Changing a Minor in a Different College/School
- If you would like to declare a minor outside of the College of Agriculture, please contact your advisor first.
- Make an appointment with the advisor for that minor. This information can be found on the college/school’s website.
- Talk with the minor advisor about adding the minor (or dropping it if you want to change minors).
- Once you have added the minor, you will need to meet regularly (once a year at least), until you have completed the minor (or are in your final semester) to make sure you are on track and completing the appropriate courses (will complete the courses in time for graduation).
- If you want to drop your current minor, you will need to follow the steps above for the new minor.
A list of all undergraduate minors offered by Auburn University can be found in the AU Bulletin.
WHERE DO I FIND THE CURRICULUM FOR MAJORS & MINORS AT AUBURN? PREREQUISITE?
All curriculum and courses are listed in The Auburn University Bulletin. Courses with prerequisites are also indicated in DegreeWorks with a *.
Can I talk to a Peer Mentor?
Yes! Ag Peer Mentors are available to answer any questions you may have from another student’s perspective.
HOW DO I APPLY THE GRADE ADJUSTMENT POLICY (GAP)?
Read the COA Grade Adjustment Policy (GAP), follow instructions, and complete the worksheet to submit a request.
HOW DO I ACCESS DEGREEWORKS?
Log into AU Access, then click on DegreeWorks.
WHAT’S THE OFFICIAL FORM OF COMMUNICATION AT AUBURN?
Email! Students are encouraged to check their email daily (maybe start checking it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner) for important campus communications and announcements.
AU Campus Student Resources & Links
Please reference additional Auburn University campus information below for current or future students. We strive to add value, knowledge, and skills to our Auburn family and beyond.
- Academic Support – Study coaching, study partners, peer tutoring, prep and instruction.
- Advise Assist & Online Resources
- AU Bookstore
- AU Office of the Registrar
- Auburn DegreeWorks – Online degree-auditing and tracking tool based off your academic achievements compared with major requirements.
- Campus Dining – Meal plans, Community Garden, etc.
- Campus Recreation
- Financial Aid – Business and finance, types of aid and forms.
- Graduate School
- Greek Life
- Student Government Association
- Student Policies Handbook
- University Housing & Residence Life
THERE'S SO MUCH TO DISCOVER IN THIS WORLD! HAVE AN ADVENTURE WITH COA STUDY ABROAD.
Majors & Minors
Graduate Degrees & Programs
Visit Ag Hill
Visit Campus In-Person or Virtually!
Clubs & Organizations
First Year Experience
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Equity & Inclusion Resources
Parents & Family
Our Work Seminars
Auburn Univ, AL 36849
+1 (334) 844-4768