Alabama Cooperative Extension System **NEW ** Internship Program now open!!
Spend your summer learning more about the Alabama Cooperative Extension System and making an impact on the lives of Alabamians! The Agriculture, Forestry & Natural Resources (AFNR) program team of the Alabama Cooperative Extension System is seeking enthusiastic, aspiring extension professionals to join our internship program this summer. Internships will last 10-12 weeks and may be located throughout the state. Applicants can request any of the 67 counties in Alabama and we will do our best to make placements with field agents based on geographical preference, program area interest and major.
ACES Field Internships are personalized to the student based on their major and interests, but some of the potential job duties include:
- Helping coordinate educational events and programs
- Participation in meetings on local issues
- Assisting with teaching youth or community educational programs
- Preparing for events and activities by researching, gathering materials, getting external support, and contacting participants
- Conducting field research, preparation of materials and translation of data for training of community members and extension personnel
INTERNSHIP & JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Green Commercial & Residential Landscaping Maintenance seeking Installer Bidder/Estimator
Green Commercial & Residential Landscaping Maintenance our of Birmingham, AL is seeking an Installer Bidder/Estimator. If you would like to learn more about the opportunity contact Quint Henninger at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can check out the company at GreenLandscapingBham.com
- The Ledges Country Club seeking Summer Intern
The Ledges Country Club sits atop Huntsville Mountain in Huntsville, AL. As a key member of the The Ledges Country Club maintenance team, the Intern will work directly with the Superintendents and Director of Agronomy and assists with the day-to-day maintenance and agronomic practices of the golf course and adjacent grounds, including but not limited to the clubhouse landscaping and maintenance complex. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who is looking to eventually become a Golf Course Superintendent or wants to learn more about how the golf course industry operates. Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.
- Mt. Cuba has several Horticulture Job Opportunities Available , Mt. Cuba in Hockessin, DE have several job opportunities available.
- W.G. Hamil, LLC Pecans and Produce seeking Intern
W.G. Hamil, LLC Pecans and Produce in Thomasville, GA is primarily focused in pecan production and processing and has branched out into watermelon production in Georgia and Florida. They are currently seeking a Summer Intern. The student on the internship would work between the home office in Thomasville and the farm near Lake Placid, FL. There would be housing provided by his company for the time in Florida. Here is the link to their website: https://wghamil.com/ . Students wanting to learn more can contact Greg at 229-228-9169 or contact Dr. John Beasley at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- American Cotton Shippers Association Internship available
American Cotton Shippers Association has a Summer Internship available for students interest in public policy. Attached is the full description with contact information. The deadline to apply is April 1.
- Charleston Parks Conservancy has two jobs available
Charleston Parks Conservancy in Charleston, SC has the following job opportunities available. Both positions can be found at https://www.charlestonparksconservancy.org/careers .
- Director of Horticulture
- Community Fellowship Program Manager
- Jones Valley Teaching Farm Opportunity available Jones Valley Teaching Farm out of Birmingham, AL has the following position available — Assistant Farm Manager
- Daybreak Foods Internships available
Daybreak Foods is a leading producer of liquid egg in the country – and growing! They have two new internship opportunities Summer 2022 their Iowa locations.
- Food Quality Internship: Work both with our live birds to ensure healthy egg production and with the processing department to ensure that all FDA requirements are met.
- Egg Production & Processing: Gain a real-world perspective on how an egg processing and production company operates at a Daybreak Foods. In addition, the intern will complete a project that impacts the organization and present their experience and findings.
- Alabama Rc&D Councils seeking Communications Specialist
The Alabama Association of RC&D Councils our of Montgomery, AL is looking for a Communications Specialist. Application: https://www.cognitoforms.com/ALAssociationOfRCDCouncils/CommunicationsSpecialistJobApplication
- Check out the opportunities with Land O’Lakes Purina at https://careers.landolakesinc.com/us/en
- Alabama Cooperative Extension full-time positions available
- Forrester Developer seeking Landscape/Construction Crew Member
Forester Developer in Wetumpka, AL seeking Landscape/Construction Crew member. Forrester Developer has been working with companies and homeowners in the greater Montgomery area since 1999. Examples include Lowder Construction Co., McInnis Construction, Phillips & Jordan, SA Graham, and Murphree Bridge. Forrester Developer provides services including: General Construction, Construction Management, Residential Construction and Design, Earthwork, Federal Contracting, Weatherization, Disaster Response, and Erosion Control. Learn more about them at http://forresterdeveloper.com/.
- USDA has several jobs opening in the Soil Scientist and Ecological Scientist
- The Jones Center at Ichauway seeking Forest Entomology Seasonal Technician
The Jones Center at Ichauway invites applications for a temporary Seasonal Technician position in the Forest Entomology and Microbiology lab. This is a 3-month full-time position beginning late April/early May 2022, with the possibility of extension. On-site housing is provided on a space-available basis. The Forest Entomology lab conducts several studies examining the functional roles and diversity of insects within the longleaf pine ecosystem at Ichauway. Time will be primarily in the lab, with opportunities to engage in fieldwork. In the lab, activities will include processing, sorting, and mounting insect samples. Fieldwork will include trapping and collecting bark beetles, gnats, bees, and other insects. Some data entry and other duties may be required. The 29,000 acre Jones Center at Ichauway is located approximately 30 miles south of Albany, Georgia. The Center’s research, education, and conservation programs focus on ecology and natural resource management. The site includes 16,000 acres of longleaf pine forests, over 1,000 acres of wetlands and 26 miles of two stream and river ecosystems. For more information visit Ichauway’s website: www.jonesctr.org or our lab website: https://lab.jonesctr.org/klepzig/
- Corteva seeking Research Associate
Corteva is seeking a Research Associate in Union City, TN. Check out the job description here.
Professional Development Opportunities
Peace Corps Panel Discussion on Tuesday, March 29 at 5 pm
Peace Corps will host a Panel Discussion on Tuesday, March 29 at 5 pm at the Mell Building, Room 3550. The panel is comprised of returned Peace Corps Volunteers from multiple sectors and host countries. You will learn about their volunteer experiences, have an opportunity to ask questions about service and gain tips to guide you through the application process. For more information contact Kenyatta Spiller at email@example.com.
Wayne Farms hosting tabling event and Information session on April 6.
Wayne Farms will be on Ag Hill, Wednesday, April 6 –from 8:30 am -11:30 feel free to drop by their table in the lobby of Comer Hall to learn more about them and the opportunities within the company. Students are also invited to attend an Information Session from 12 pm -12:56 pm in Comer Hall Room 207 –lunch will be provided to all attendees. To learn more and to register for the Lunch Information Session go to: https://auburn.joinhandshake.com/events/999347/share_preview
Questions regarding professional and career development can be directed to Megan Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find me on Handshake to make a Career Counseling appointment! You can also drop by and visit with Derek Taunton, Career Coach in the lobby of Comer Hall every Tuesday from 9 am -11 am to talk about your resume, cover letter, job search questions, and more!