Following a rebranding effort that included minor restructuring, the College of Agriculture’s Office of International Agriculture is now the Office of Global Programs. Headed by Henry Fadamiro, assistant dean and director of global programs, the mission of the OGP is “to integrate the global dimension into the teaching, research and outreach programs of the College of Agriculture and collaborate internationally to extend our scientific discoveries, innovations and technologies to impact lives in Alabama and around the world.” In doing so, the OGP supports international programs within the college, the Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station and the Alabama Cooperative Extension System.
A faculty member in the Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology and a former Rhodes Scholar, Fadamiro says he hopes as director of the OGP to elevate global programs at both the college and university levels.
“Our goal is to work with faculty, staff and other stakeholders to incorporate an international dimension into our land-grant mission while developing new strategic partnerships for the college and university,” Fadamiro says.
In addition to the college’s study abroad programs, the OGP coordinates the following:
- International articulation programs
- Sponsored student and scholar recruitment
- Partnerships and international agreements
- Processing of State Department forms for visiting scholars
- International student and scholar welfare and services
- International project and proposal development
- Personal Service Contract development and contractual arrangements for international projects
- Funding support for international engagement through the York International Scholars Program
OGP’s mission is facilitated by Elizabeth Scarborough, global programs support specialist, and the College of Agriculture’s Global Programs Advisory Committee.
For more information on the mission and work of the OGP, visit www.agriculture.auburn.edu/academics/global-programs/, call 334-844-3212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The OGP office is located at 100 Comer Hall.