By Laura Cauthen / Apr 3, 2018 12:28:56 PM
Ten College of Agriculture students graduating in May are the 2018 recipients of the college’s highest awards for undergraduates. The awards are presented based on the students’ achievements in academics, leadership and professional excellence throughout their four years at Auburn.
The winning students, their majors and their awards follow.
• Mary Jo Toohey, food science—President’s Award, Outstanding Student Award and Virginia Dare Award
• Trevor Cofer, agronomy and soils/production—Comer Medal for Excellence
• Will Howard Wendland, agronomy and soils/production—Dean’s Award for Academic and Professional Excellence and Joel Hardee Award
• Abbie Foose, animal sciences/pre-vet— SGA Outstanding Student Award
• Cammie Grace Weaver, agricultural communications—Student Graduation Marshal
• Madison Gohlke, animal sciences/pre-vet– Claude Hardee Award, William Warren Leadership Award
Four other seniors—Caleb Hicks, agricultural communications; Lilly Oaks, horticulture; Rachel Kuntz, environmental science; and Katie Pepper, biosystems engineering—received 2018 William E. Hardy Jr. Leadership Awards.