College of Agriculture faculty members claimed the lion’s share of recognition during Auburn University’s 2018 Faculty Awards Dinner in late February. The ceremony formally honored all Auburn faculty who received the university’s highest awards in the 2017-18 academic year.
The following faculty members in the college won individual awards.
• Henry Kinnucan, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology professor, received the Distinguished Graduate Faculty Lectureship award jointly sponsored by the Auburn Alumni Association and the Graduate School.
• Christy Bratcher, animal sciences associate professor and Auburn University Food Systems Institute director, was one of two faculty recipients of Auburn’s Gerald and Emily Leischuck Endowed Presidential Award for Teaching Excellence.
• Animal sciences associate professor Don Mulvaney won the Award for Excellence in Faculty Outreach.
• Kira Bowen, entomology and plant pathology professor, and Scott McElroy, crop, soil and environmental sciences professor, were among the four Auburn faculty awarded Alumni Professor status.
• Sushil Adhikari, Alumni Professor in the Department of Biosystems Engineering, won the Provost Award for Faculty Excellence in Undergraduate Research Mentoring.
Two faculty teams on campus received the President’s Outstanding Collaborative Units Award, and both—the Aquaponics Working Group and the Food Entrepreneur Working Group—are in the College of Agriculture.
• Members of the Aquaponics Working Group include professor Terry Hanson and associate professor and extension specialist Jesse Chappell, both in the School of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences; Department of Poultry Science professor Tung-shi Huang; Department of Horticulture assistant professor Daniel Wells; Department of Biosystems Engineering assistant professor David Blersch; and Glenn Loughridge, director of Campus Dining.
• Terry Hanson and Glenn Loughridge are also Food Entrepreneur Working Group members, as are Christy Bratcher; Jean Weese, Department of Poultry Science professor and Auburn University Food Systems Institute associate director; food systems institute staff members Jacqueline Kochaq, Karen Hundley and Regina Crapps; and Patti West with the Alabama Cooperative Extension System’s Food Safety Team.
And, finally, a biosystems engineering faculty team received Auburn’s Gary Brown ePortfolio Project Faculty Cohort Award. Team members are Sushil Adhikari; Oladiran Fasina, Alumni Professor and department head; Timothy McDonald, professor; Puneet Srivastava, professor and Auburn Water Resource Center director; and Mark Dougherty, associate professor.
Find a complete wrap-up of the awards dinner here.