By Paul Patterson / Mar 17, 2020 11:53:23 AM
Effective late March 16, Auburn University has adopted a new operational model in an effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus among our university family and the communities around us. This extraordinary effort is made solely with the interest of everyone’s health and safety in mind.
As we move forward, I’d like to share the following:
- Auburn University and the College of Agriculture are still in full operation, although with minimal faculty and staff on campus. We are working remotely as much as possible.
- All classes are being taught remotely in order to minimize the number of people on campus. Instructors are communicating with students and working diligently to deliver content and coursework through online formats.
- Students are also being asked to refrain from coming to campus, including Samford Lawn and other green spaces.
- College of Agriculture and AAES facilities on campus and around the state remain open to a limited number of employees but are closed to the public.
- Research is still underway at facilities on campus and throughout the state. However, this research is being conducted with strict social distancing standards in place.
- Our development team is still available to alumni and donors by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arrangements are quickly being made to offer campus visits through video conferencing for prospective students who had planned to visit us in person over the next few weeks. We will begin promoting this opportunity as soon as possible.
Please refer to the university’s COVID-19 Update page for the latest information on Auburn’s response to this crisis. This page also offers an option for regular email updates.
Over these next few weeks, we must work together as a college family and practice patience and understanding. The challenges we face are new to all of us, and they require us to adjust quickly while working together as we move forward.
Our goal is to protect the health and safety of every member of our college family and community. Our goal is also to welcome students, alumni and friends back to campus as soon as possible. Thank you for all you are doing to help us in this vital effort. Please stay safe.