Get In Touch
295 Upchurch Hall
Auburn Univ, AL 36849
- Ph.D. Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Canada
- M.Sc. Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Canada
- Assistant Professor 2015-present – Department of Animal Sciences, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, USA
- Adjunct Professor 2018-present – Department of Animal Nutrition and Feed Science, Sichuan Agricultural University, Sichuan, China
- Adjunct Professor 2015-2018 – Department of Animal Biosciences, OAC, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Research Associate 2014-2015 – Department of Animal Biosciences, OAC, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- CIHR Postdoctoral Research Fellow 2010-2014 – Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
My research focuses on several key areas:
- Studying the ability of fetal porcine and postnatal mouse skin isolated stem cells to form germ cells under various in vitro culture conditions. The ability of stem cells to form germ cells in vitro opens up many possibilities to study germ cell formation under controlled in vitro conditions.
- I am also interested in the exploration of intra-ovarian signaling pathways required for normal oocyte/embryo development within livestock species. This has the potential to improve in vitro oocyte techniques such as growth, maturation, and cryopreservation within agriculturally relevant species.
- Develop molecular methods to improve heifer and gilt selection for reproductive potential in order to improve the productivity and efficiency of these valuable agriculture sectors.
- ANSC-3600 Reproductive Physiology
- ANSC-4980 Undergraduate Research