Greenhouse Production, Nursery Production, Fruits & Vegies Research
The 8 acre facility is comprised of 87,120 square feet of outdoor irrigated nursery, 22,500 square feet of greenhouse space, a retractable-roof house, 4 shade houses, a soil mixing/potting building, offices, pesticide storage, walk-in cooler, as well as a classroom facility. During the academic year, there are typically four to five labs conducted weekly in support of classroom instruction, and the grounds are maintained in woody and herbaceous plant collections for instruction in ornamental plant identification.
The facility was originally established in 1947, but a major renovation was completed in 2002. The facility is supported by a greenhouse manager and his staff.