Welcome to the Auburn Equestrian Center! Nationally recognized leaders in equine teaching, research, extension and horse performance activities.
Conveniently located on the edge of the university campus and across from the College of Veterinarian Medicine, the Auburn Equestrian Center is easily accessible for students.
Williams Family Barn
The Equestrian Center features the Williams Family Barn, a climate-controlled show barn with the following features:
- Veterinarian and Farrier area
- 20 Stalls
- 4 Indoor Grooming Stalls
- 20 Outdoor Grooming Stalls
- 2 Tack Rooms
- 10 Wash Racks
- 6 horse MK Horse Walker outside of Williams Family Barn
Creel Equestrian Center
- Student-athlete locker room with 50 full size lockers, restroom and shower
- Training room
- Team room, including student-athlete nutrition station
- Outdoor patio
The Horse Center is under the management of Lisa Dorsey. Tours are available by appointment only.
Directions to Equestrian/Horse Center (PDF)
The Auburn Equestrian Team offers a unique summer camp program concentrating on fundamental training and the development of equestrian skills for junior riders.
- Luxury competition viewing area (catered on competition day)
- Air-conditioned space with seating and multiple TVs
- Outdoor covered porch area with seating
- For more information please visit HERE
- 16 Stalls
- Feed and storage rooms
Financial and in-kind support of the day-to-day operations and special events are greatly appreciated. Donors have the opportunity to be recognized through named jumps and arena signs. If you are interested in supporting the programs at the Horse Center, contact Angela Chandler, Horse Center Manager.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Thank you to our sponsors for making our teaching, research, extension, and performance programs possible. Corporate and organization sponsors include:
- New Esteem
- Centaur – The horse friendly fence.
- Merial – A Sanofi Company
- The Alabama Fire Ant Mangement Program
- Blooming Colors
The Horse Center does accept the donation of quality riding horses from time to time. Many of our horses had previous careers on the AQHA, APHA, NRHA, USEF, USHJA or USDF competition circuits. Horses must be suitable for use by the Equestrian Team, competing in reining, horsemanship, hunt seat equitation on the flat, and/or equitation over fences. All horses for donation are subject to veterinary evaluation and a trial period. Please contact Angela Chandler to begin the donation process.