Welcome to Ag Heritage Park (AHP), a joint venture of the AU College of Agriculture and the Ag Alumni Association, is located on approximately 30 acres at the southwest corner of Samford Avenue and Donahue Drive.
The Park pays tribute to Alabama’s farmers and agricultural sector while also serving as a gathering place for students, faculty, alumni and friends throughout the year. AHP has become a destination of choice for many College of Agriculture alumni, friends, faculty and staff for tailgating and a variety of university and community events.
THE PURPOSE OF AG HERITAGE PARK
- Improve and maintain the green space on this primary corridor to the campus;
- promote interaction between Auburn University, the State’s agricultural community and the citizens at large
- Provide facilities and opportunities for bringing statewide youth programs to campus
- Foster Auburn University and the College of Agriculture as a creative nucleus and intellectual center for research, teaching and outreach information and activities by providing a site and facilities appropriate for and conducive to a wide range of activities
- Recognize and build on Alabama’s heritage as an agrarian state and highlight agricultural success stories
The Ag Heritage Park Wetlands will be an extension of the demonstration pond and will be home to a variety of native wetland species. It is anticipated that a boardwalk will be put in place to meander throughout the one- to two-acre site.
Interpretive stations will be placed along the path for educational opportunities. In addition, there will be points of direct interactive contact with the Wetlands features as well as passive leisure opportunities. The Wetlands will be incorporated into a Park-wide trail system that will then transition into the campus-wide pedestrian trail system.
Funding for the Wetlands is being made possible through a generous gift from David and Susan Housel, honoring Mrs. Housel’s 27 years as a public school teacher and her lifelong love of nature and wildlife.
The Market at Ag Heritage Park
Ag Education & Alumni Center
Edward L. Lowder Red Barn
Auburn Univ, AL 36849