Hall of Honor & Pioneer Award Nominations
All current dues-paying or life members of the Association, are invited to submit a nomination for the annual Hall of Honor and/or Pioneer Award. These awards recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to the field of agriculture in Alabama through their work and personal lives. Three will be selected to join the Hall of Honor – one each for production agriculture, agribusiness, and ag education/government. Two names will be selected for the Pioneer Award which honors deceased individuals.
Awards will be presented at the annual Hall of Honor banquet at Robert Trent Jones Grand National in Opelika. The date for this event will be set at the annual board meeting each year.
Outline of Nomination Process:
- Hall of Honor and Pioneer Award Nominations are due by: June 10, 2019.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the nominator when the nomination form or packet is received
- The Agricultural Alumni Executive Board will narrow the list of nominees down to 3 nominees for each Hall of Honor category (Production, Agribusiness and Education/Government) and 5 nominees for the Pioneer Award
- The Agricultural Alumni Board will vote on the recipients during the summer meeting
- Recipients receiving the award and all nominators will be notified of the selection choice by August
- All nomination packets stay in the system until the recipient is selected for the award. The current list of nomination packets that are on file can be found here:
Click on the buttons below to select a form for Hall of Honor or Pioneer Award nomination. You may then complete and submit your nomination electronically or print a paper copy.
Printed copies and/or additional letters of support should be mailed to:
Ag Alumni Association
107 Comer Hall
Auburn University, AL 36849-5404
If you have questions, please contact: