Wheeler G. Foshee
Get In Touch
101 Funchess Hall
Auburn Univ, AL 36849
- B.S. Auburn University
- M.S. Mississippi State University
- Ph.D. Auburn University
- 2008–Present Associate Professor
- 2003–2008 Assistant Professor
- 1995–2003 Pesticide Education Specialist, Entomology & Plant Pathology Department, Auburn University.
- 1991–1995 Extension Associate, Department of Entomology, Auburn University.
SELECTED HONORS AND AWARDS
- Educator Award. North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture. 2021.
- Outstanding Faculty. College of Agriculture. 2021.
- Auburn University Alumni Undergraduate Outstanding Teaching Award. 2010.
- American Society of Horticultural Science
- Weed Science Society
- Southern Region – Weed Science Society
Responsibilities include vegetable production systems, pecan pest management, vegetable and fruit pest management.
- HORT 4000 – Pesticide Management in Horticulture (Fall)
- HORT 5130/6130 – Sustainable Vegetable Crop Production (Spring; Summer)
- HORT 2030 – Vegetable Production (Fall, Spring, Summer)
- HORT 5120/6120 – Small Fruit and Pecan Culture (Spring), Co-teacher
- Foshee W.G. Historic agricultural sciences major returns with significant impact. 2021. NACTA Journal 65:58-61.
- Foshee W.G., T.A. Monday, E.K. Blythe and G. Wehtje. Response of Yellow Nutsedge (Cyperus esculentus) to Preemergence Herbicides and Nonionic Surfactants Applied Through Drip Irrigation Under Low-Density Polyethylene Mulch. International Journal of Weed Science and Technology. Vol. 3 (1), pp. 077-083, March, 2020.
- Hand, L.C., W.G. Foshee III, T.A. Monday and J.L. Sibley. 2018. Long-term Weed Control for Landscape Pecan (Carya illinoinensis) Trees. J. Environ. Hort. 36(2)82-85. June 2018.
- Hand, L.C., W.G. Foshee III, T.A. Monday, D.E. Wells, and D.P. Delaney. 2018. Preemergence Herbicides Applied Pre- and Postcrimp in a Rye Cover Crop System for Control of Escape Weeds in Watermelon. HortTechnology 28: 117-120.
- Pek, Z, L. Helyes, G. Gyulai, WG Foshee, HG Daood, J. Lau, S Vinogradov, A. Bittsanszky, W. Goff, and L. Waters, Jr. 2016. Molecular profiling – fruit carotenoids components of six American heirloom tomatoes (Solanum lycopersicum). J. Forensic Biomed, Vol 7(2).