As an Extension Specialist / Associate Professor I lead Extension programming in the area of fisheries and aquatic sciences. I focus on pond management, recreational fisheries, aquatic conservation, and youth engagement. I am currently the coordinator for the Alabama Cooperative Extension System, Aquatic Resources- Program Priority Team. Listed below are links to some of my Extension products.
Internet Resources & Social media:
- Cooperative Extension site with all our fish and water resources the website with our aquatic resource information
- Facebook Page: Alabama Extension Fisheries and Pond Management
- Recreational Fish Pond Management in Alabama https://www.aces.edu/blog/tag/anr0577/
- Fisheries and Aquatic Plant Management YouTube videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkNoAmOtt__-Sywqk6qKINgNCNs73Wl3w
- Wright, R.A. 2014. Using Christmas Trees in Ponds. Video ACES – Fresh from the Field https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7iAoyHPfCw
- Walton, B., E. Brantley, and R. Wright. 2014. Alabama Aquatic Nuisance Species Series: Amazonian Apple Snail. ANR-2130 Alabama Cooperative Extension System.
- Wright, R.A. and C. Reeves. 2014. Freshwater Clams and Mussels Filter Feeders that Can Cause Problems in Your Pond. ANR-1340 Alabama Cooperative Extension System.
- Wright, R., M. Bransby, and S. Bartlett. 2013. Online relative weight calculator. ANR-2039. Alabama Cooperative Extension System.
- Wright, R.A. 2004. Using Grass Carp to Control Weeds in Alabama Ponds. ANR-452. Alabama Cooperative Extension System
- Wright, R.A. 2001. Liming fishponds. ANR-232. Alabama Cooperative Extension System.
- Wright, R.A. 2000. Relative weight: an easy-to-measure index of fish condition. ANR-1193. Alabama Cooperative Extension System.