Get In Touch
228 Corley Building
Auburn Univ, AL 36849
- Ph.D. Biological Systems Engineering, University of Wisconsin
- M.S. Civil Engineering, Auburn University
- B.S. Agricultural Engineering, Punjab Agricultural University
Dr. Lamba conducts research in the area of water resources management. The goal of his research program is to improve fundamental knowledge of processes controlling the fate and transport of various contaminants (e.g., phosphorus, nitrogen, metals, and sediment) in agricultural and urbanized watersheds using field and laboratory based experiments, and watershed-level modeling.
- BSEN 5220/6220 – Geospatial Technologies in Biosystems
- BSEN 5520/6520 – Watershed Modeling
- Budhathoki, S., J. Lamba, P. Srivastava, C. Williams, F. Arriaga and K.G. Karthikeyan. 2022. Impact of land use and tillage practice on soil macropore characteristics inferred from X-ray computed tomography. CATENA 210: 105886. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.catena.2021.105886.
- Budhathoki., S., J. Lamba, P. Srivastava, K. Malhotra, T.R. Way, and S. Katuwal. 2022. Temporal and Spatial Variability in 3D Soil Macropore Characterstics Determined Using X-ray Computed Tomography. Journal of Soils and Sediments. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11368-022-03150-x
- Budhathoki., S., J. Lamba, P. Srivastava, K. Malhotra, S. Katuwal, and T. R. Way. 2022. Using X-ray Computed Tomography to Quantify Variability in Soil Macropore Characteristics in Pastures. Soil and Tillage Research. 215: 105194. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.still.2021.105194.
- Singh, R., R. Prasad, B. Guertal, K. Balkcom and J. Lamba. 2021. Effects of Broiler Litter Application Rate and Time on Corn Yield and Environmental Nitrogen Loss. Agronomy Journal. doi:https://doi.org/10.1002/agj2.20944.
- Kumar, K., P. Srivastava, B. V. Ortiz, G. Morata, B. S. Takhellambam, J. Lamba, and L. Bondesan. 2021. Field-Scale Spatial and Temporal Soil Water Variability in Irrigated Croplands. Transactions of the ASABE: 64 (4), 1277-1294. doi: 10.13031/trans.14335
- Bhatta, A, R. Prasad, D. Chakraborty, J.N. Shaw, J. Lamba, E. Brantley, H.A. Torbert. 2021. Mehlich 3 as a Generic Soil Test Extractant for Environmental Phosphorus Risk Assessment Across Alabama Soil Regions. Agrosyst Geosci Environ. 2021; 4:e20187. https://doi.org/10.1002/agg2.20187
- Sangha, L., J. Lamba, and H. Kumar. 2020. Effect of ENSO Based Upstream Water Withdrawals for Irrigation on Downstream Water Withdrawals. Hydrology Research 51(4): 602-619. https://doi.org/10.2166/nh.2020.156.
- Sangha, L., J. Lamba, H. Kumar, P. Srivastava, M. Dougherty and R. Prasad. 2020. An Innovative Approach to Rainwater Harvesting for Irrigation Based on ENSO Forecasts. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 75(5): 565-578 doi:10.2489/jswc.2020.00085.
- Karki, R., P. Srivastava, D.D. Bosch, L. Kalin, J. Lamba, and T.C. Strickland. 2020. Multivariable Sensitivity Analysis, Calibration, and Validation of a Feld-scale SWAT Model: Building Stakeholder Trust in Hydrologic/water quality Modeling. Transactions of the ASABE 63(2): 523-539. doi: 10.13031/trans.13576 .
- Malhotra, K., J. Lamba and S. Shepherd. 2020. Sources of Stream Bed Sediment in an Urbanized Watershed. CATENA 184, 104228. https://doi.org/10.101/j.catena.2019.104228.
- Lamba, J., P. Srivastava, T.R. Way and K. Malhotra. 2019. Effect of Broiler Litter Application Method on Metal Runoff from Pastures. Journal of Environmental Quality 48 (6), 1856-1862. doi:10.2134/jeq2018.08.0318.
- Lamba, J., K.G. Karthikeyan, A.M. Thompson, K. Malhotra, N.L.H. Huisman and G. Peaslee. 2019. Using Atmospheric Fallout Radionuclides 137Cs and 210Pbxs to Identify Suspended Sediment Sources in an Agricultural Watershed. Transactions of the ASABE: 62 (2), 529-538. doi: 10.13031/trans.12976
- Good, L., R. Carvin, J. Lamba and F. Fitzpatrick. 2019. Seasonal Variation in Sediment and Phosphorus Yields in Four Wisconsin Agricultural Watersheds. Journal of Environmental Quality 48(4): 950-958. doi: 10.2134/jeq2019.03.0134.
- Arora, P., J. Lamba, P. Srivastava and L. Kalin. 2019. Modeling Effectiveness of Broiler Litter Application Method for Reducing Phosphorus and Nitrogen Losses. Hydrology Research 50(4): 1047-1061. https://doi.org/10.2166/nh.2019.017.
- Malhotra, K., J. Lamba, P. Srivastava, & S. Shepherd. 2018. Fingerprinting Suspended Sediment Sources in an Urbanized Watershed. Water, 10(11), 1573.
- Lamba, J., P. Srivastava, S. Mitra and T.R. Way. 2018. Using Soil Phosphorus Measurements to Assess the Effectiveness of Subsurface-Band Application of Broiler Litter in Reducing Phosphorus Leaching. Transactions of the ASABE 61(1): 133-138.
- Mitra, S., P. Srivastava, and J. Lamba. 2018. Probabilistic assessment of projected climatological drought characteristics over the Southeast USA. Climatic Change. 147: 601. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-018-2161-y.
- Lamba, J., A.M. Thompson, K.G. Karthikeyan, J. Panuska, and L. Good. 2016. Effect of best management practice implementation on sediment and phosphorus load reductions at subwatershed and watershed scale using SWAT model. International Journal of Sediment Research. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsrc.2016.06.004
- Lamba, J., A.M. Thompson, K.G. Karthikeyan, and Faith A. Fitzpatrick. 2015. Sources of Fine Sediment Stored in Agricultural Lowland Streams, Midwest, USA. Geomorphology. 236:44-53.
- Lamba, J., T.R. Way, P. Srivastava, and D. B. Watts. 2015. A method for Subsurface-Banding Poultry Litter in Plots Not Accessible with Conventional Field Equipment. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 31(4): 555-558.
- Lamba, J., K.G. Karthikeyan, and A.M. Thompson. 2015. Apportionment of Suspended Sediment Sources in an Agricultural Watershed Using Sediment Fingerprinting. Geoderma. 239–240 :25-33.
- Lamba, J., K.G. Karthikeyan, and A.M. Thompson. 2015. Using Radiometric Fingerprinting and Phosphorus to Elucidate Sediment Transport Dynamics in an Agricultural Watershed. Hydrological Processes. 29(12): 2681-2693.
- Lamba, J., P. Srivastava, T.R. Way, S. Sen, C.W. Wood, and K. Yoo. 2013. Nutrient Loss in Leachate and Surface Runoff from Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler Litter. Journal of Environmental Quality. 42(5): 1574-1582.
- Huisman, N.L.H., K.G. Karthikeyan, J. Lamba, A.M. Thompson, and G. Peaslee. 2013. Quantification of Seasonal Sediment and Phosphorus Transport Dynamics in an Agricultural Watershed Using Radiometric Fingerprinting Techniques. Journal of Soils and Sediments. 13(10): 1724-1734.
- Lamba, J., T.R. Way, P. Srivastava, S. Sen, C.W. Wood, and K. Yoo. 2012. Surface Transport of Nutrients From Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler Litter. Transactions of the ASABE. 55(3): 995-1002.
- Way, T.R., J. Lamba, and P. Srivastava. 2011. A method for Installing Zero-Tension Pan and Wick Lysimeters in Soil. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 27(5): 747-755.