Carolyn W. Robinson
Get In Touch
106A Funchess Hall
Auburn Univ, AL 36849
- Ph.D. SocioHorticulture, Texas A&M University
- M.S. Environmental Horticulture, University of Florida
- B.S. Fruit and Vegetable Production, Auburn University
- Associate Professor, Department of Horticulture, Auburn University
- Assistant Professor, Department of Horticulture, Auburn University
- Assistant Professor, Department of Agriculture, Sam Houston State University
SELECTED HONORS AND REWARD
- Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence, 2012
- Alumni Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award, 2009
- American Society for Horticultural Science
- Southern Region ASHS
- American Public Gardens Association
- North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture
Dr. Robinson’s research focuses on the benefits of plants to people. Previous projects include the impacts of botanical garden field trips to elementary school children, the impacts of a school garden on attendance and school pride, as well as science achievement of middle school children participating in botanical garden education programs. Current projects include a rain garden interpretation study, high school education programs in horticulture, and community garden impacts on food accessibility.
RECENT COURSES TAUGHT
- HORT 2250 The Art of Floral Design
- HORT 3000 Growth and Development of Horticultural Plants
- HORT 4270 Intermediate Landscape Design
- HORT 4300 Computer Aided Planting Design
- HORT 5240/6240 Public Gardens Management
- HORT 7950 Graduate Seminar
- Chaloupka, K., C. Robinson, D. Eakes, P. Patterson, J. Williams, and A. Martin. 2018. Recommendations for Recruiting Tomorrow’s Horticulture Students. NACTA J. 62(2):130-134.
- C.J. Paul, C.W. Robinson, J.R. Kessler, D.E. Wells, J.L. Sibley, H.A. Torbert, and D.B Watts. 2018. Evaluation of flue-gas desulfurization gypsum in poultry litter as a substrate component for greenhouse horticultural crops. Agricultural Research & Technology 13(3):555886.
- Robinson, Carolyn W. 2016. Children in Nature. In T.M. Waliczek and J.M. Zajicek (eds.), Urban Horticulture. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, pp. 19-59.