College, AAES recognize 2016’s top faculty, staff
The Auburn University College of Agriculture and Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station have announced their 2016 Faculty and Staff Award winners, all of whom will be formally recognized in a college/AAES awards ceremony in February.
The faculty awards and their 2016 recipients are:
- 2016 Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence—Michelle Worosz, associate professor, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
- 2016 Dean’s Award for Advising Excellence—Patricia Duffy, professor, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
- 2016 AAES Director’s Research Award for Senior Faculty—Rex Dunham, professor, School of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences
- 2016 AAES Director’s Research Award for Junior Faculty—Matt Catalona, assistant professor, School of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences
- 2016 Excellence in Extension and Outreach Award for Senior Faculty—Gene Simpson, professor, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
- 2016 Excellence in Extension and Outreach Award for Junior Faculty—Kim Mullinex, Department of Animal Sciences
- 2016 Guthrie Award for Achievement in International Agriculture—co-recipients Allen Davis, School of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences; and Dennis Shannon, professor, Department of Crop, Soil and Environmental Sciences
- 2016 High-Impact Paper Award—Valentina Hartarska, professor, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology.
- 2016 Faculty Project Team Award—Aquaponics team, including Terry Hanson and Jesse Chappell, School of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences; Daniel Wells, Department of Horticulture; David Blersch, Department of Biosystems Engineering; and Tung-shi Huang, Department of Poultry Science.
Meanwhile, 16 College of Agriculture faculty members who brought in at least $300,000 each in extramural research grants and contracts over the fiscal year are the 2016 Dean’s Grantsmanship Award winners. Those scientists—who represent the Department of Animal Sciences; the Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology; the School of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences; and Auburn’s Water Resources Center—are:
- ANSC associate professor Christy Bratcher;
- SFAAS assistant professor Matthew Catalano;
- SFAAS professor Allen Davis;
- ENTM/PLPA associate professor Leonardo de la Fuente;
- SFAAS professor Dennis Devries;
- SFAAS professor Terry Hanson;
- ENTM/PLPA assistant professor Alana Jacobson;
- ENTM/PLPA professor Joseph Kloepper;
- SFAAS associate professor Eric Peatman;
- SFAAS research fellow Steve Sammons;
- ENTM/PLPA professor Ed Sikora;
- BSEN professor and Water Resources Center director Puneet Srivastava;
- SFAAS associate research professor LaDon Swann;
- SFAAS professor Stephen Szedlmayer;
- SFAAS associate professor Bill Walton;
- SFAAS associate professor Rusty Wright.
Collectively, the 16 were awarded $8.3 million in grants and contracts.
In other honors, five top-performing college and AAES staff members are recipients of the 2016 Employee of the Year Award. They are:
- Rickey Beavers, ag technician, Plant Science Research Center;
- Heath Hoffman, research associate, Department of Horticulture;
- Satrina Kelley-Jordan, administrative associate, College of Agriculture Student Services;
- Will Rankin, accountant, Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology;
- Eric Reutebuch, research associate, Auburn University Water Resources Center.
All 2016 faculty and staff award winners will be recognized during the college/AAES awards ceremony, set for Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017, at 3 p.m. at the Auburn Alumni Center.
OFFICE OF AG COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING
Auburn University College of Agriculture
Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station
3 COMER HALL
AUBURN, AL 36849