Strategic Plan — Undergraduate Education
Our Impact: Undergraduate Education
GOAL: Develop graduates who will be leaders in solving complex and emerging issues in agricultural, food, and environmental sciences.
SUPPORTING OBJECTIVES WITH CORRESPONDING TACTICS:
- Deliver high impact, innovative instructional programs through engaged student learning.
- Incorporate inquiry- based, international, and experiential learning opportunities throughout curricula
- Maintain modern instructional facilities capable of providing effective instructional technology
- Support diverse student population and access to educational opportunities.
- Recruit students from diverse backgrounds by promoting the science of agriculture and the environment
- Recruit diverse faculty with targeted expertise to support interdisciplinary instructional programs, curricula, and opportunities
- Provide access to instruction through targeted online learning opportunities
- Foster an engaged network of alumni, industry, extension, teaching, and research partners in support of instructional programs
- Utilize networks to deliver experiential learning, mentoring, and internship opportunities for students and to ensure that instructional and curricular content are relevant and adequate
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders and networks to support scholarships, instructional facilities, and educational opportunities
- Cultivate a personalized and supportive academic community
- Provide targeted opportunities for student personal and professional development
- Create opportunities that foster a culture of mentorship between and among faculty, staff, and students
- Support and recognize excellence in academic achievement
- Recognize and support the scholarship of teaching and learning for faculty
- Reward students, faculty, and advisors for academic excellence
- Engage faculty in professional development opportunities related to instruction.