Strategic Plan — Global Programs
Our Impact: Global Programs
GOAL: Engage global partners and cultivate an international dimension within our scientific and academic pursuits.
SUPPORTING OBJECTIVES WITH CORRESPONDING TACTICS:
- Foster, support, recognize, and reward international engagement and exchange of ideas by students, faculty, and staff.
- Support recruitment and hosting of international students, scholars and visitors
- Establish scholarships for qualified international students from developing countries
- Facilitate networking among international students and scholars and in support of social needs and well-being.
- Reward and recognize faculty, staff and students for international engagement in teaching, research and extension/outreach.
- Communicate the benefits of our international engagement to all stakeholders.
- Prepare globally aware students by integrating international experiences into academic programs.
- Develop and support opportunities for cross-disciplinary education and experiences abroad for students.
- Cultivate opportunities for faculty at AU and international institutions to teach as visiting professors.
- Develop and foster exposure to global topics and perspectives in the curriculum.
- Promote and support cross-border education programs with international partners, including 3+2, 3+1, 2+2 and related programs.
- Promote and support participation of students, faculty, and staff in international instructional, research, and Extension programs.
- Facilitate increased grantsmanship and funding for globally-focused projects.
- Provide seed/travel grant support for international engagement.
- Facilitate and support team building among faculty by creating and sustaining faculty working groups.
- Foster international research collaborations and improve the college’s reputation in international programming by engaging international institutions, funding agencies and international alumni.