Welcome to Dr. Josh Duke’s laboratory, Head & Professor of Auburn’s Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology.
News & Lab Research
Students and faculty in the College of Agriculture at Auburn University raked in several awards for their hard work and studies this spring. Amit Morey earns Spirit of Sustainability Award Assistant Professor Amit Morey received the Spirit of Sustainability...
One of the many consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic has been limited supplies and higher prices of U.S. beef products. It’s an outcome that could have been predicted, especially considering supply-chain issues impacting the beef industry. Beef production in the U.S....
Ryan Thomson, assistant professor in the College of Agriculture’s Department of Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology, received The Rural Sociological Society Early Career Award for 2021. Proposals for the award involve small-scale projects that will enhance...
From September to December 2019, Dr. Duke hosted four visiting scholars of Agricultural Economics from Huazhong Agricultural University, China. During their stay, Dr.Duke helped them to enroll in classes like Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, Production Economics and Agribusiness Finance from AgEcon Department and Microeconometrics from Econ Department.
Meanwhile, with the help of Dr. Liu, Dr. Duke provided a variety of research training to these visiting scholars including
- Weekly lab meetings to read and discuss journal papers which were selected according to their research interests;
- Tips on writing a journal article and identifying a targeting journal;
- Inviting them to partly participate in ongoing projects. To practice their presentation skills and oral English, the lab also offered them to present their own research in China and Dr.Duke provided suggestions and comments to each of them.
(Person in the picture from left to right: Xutao Qu, Chenchen Tang, Dr. Duke, Dr. Liu, Huan Mao, and Liwen Yuan)
Recent Selected Professional Activities
- Water Resources Research – Associate Editor (2013-2017)
- Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association – President (elected 2012)
- Water Science and Policy, Program Committee
- Advisory Panel on Nutrient Trading, Chesapeake Bay Commission
- Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association – Distinguished Member
- Land Economics – Editorial Board (2007-)
Citation metrics from Thomson-Reuters
840 citations on 46 Web of Science articles as of 9/30/19, with 14 h-index and 7.9% self-cites. 2,143 citations from Google Scholar. On Mendeley, 853 citations with 37,655 views.
When compared to the other 197 PhD graduates in 1998 from all 37 Applied Economics PhD programs in the U.S. and Canada, the names of whom were published in AJAE, these citations rank 7th of 197 (top 3.5%) on Thomson-Reuters (analysis conducted November 2015).