Building a State of the Art Research & Education Center
- JUNE 25, 2018 – Administration & Education Building at substantial completion.
- APRIL 20, 2018 – D & F Equipment Sales, Inc. (Crossville, AL) and its founding Fortenberry family pledge $500,000 to continued development of the Miller Center
- FEBRUARY 9, 2018 – Auburn University Board of Trustees approves hiring of Ghafari Associates as lead architect to program to develop final master plan for full build out of the Miller Center. Design of pilot processing plant is first building under design during this phase.
- JUNE 15, 2017 – Construction of the Miller Center’s Administration & Education Building begins
- NOVEMBER 2016 – Miller Center Floor Pen Research Buildings #1 and #2, and National Poultry Technology Center Building completed and Charles C. Miller, Jr. Poultry Research and Education Center Officially Dedicated
- MAY 25, 2016 – Groundbreaking on phase one officially begins. Phase one includes two floor pen houses and the National Poultry Technology Center’s evaluation and modeling facility.
- FEBRUARY, 2016 – The Board of Trustees approves naming resolution to designate farm facilities as the “Charles C. Miller Jr. Poultry Research & Education Center.”
- DECEMBER, 2015 – Charles “Buddy” Miller III and wife, Pinney Allen, commit $2.5 Million to Phase Two.
- OCTOBER, 2015: TYSON FOODS COMMITS $250,000 – In the largest show of industry support, Tyson Foods LLC commits $250,000 to the farm relocation initiative
- OCTOBER, 2015: PILGRIM’S COMMITS $100,000 – Pilgrim’s recognizes the valued research and education potential of this innovative facility, pledging $100,000 in support.
- SEPTEMBER, 2015 WAYNE FARMS COMMITS $175,000 – As the first industry partner to come forward with a strong commitment for support, Wayne Farms commits $175,000.
- OCTOBER, 2015 – The Alabama Poultry & Egg Association Farm Relocation Task Force, chaired by Randall Ennis, is formed.
- SUMMER, 2015 – Leveling for the facilities begin at Poultry & Animal Nutrition Center Site.
- APRIL, 2015 – Initial sketches of the facilities are made and approved.
- MARCH, 2015 – Fundraising efforts begin. Auburn University’s College of Agriculture commits $100,000 to Farm Relocation Initiative.
- 2014 – The Alabama Poultry & Egg Association Farm Relocation Task Force, chaired by Randall Ennis, forms.
- 2012 – The Auburn University Animal and Poultry Nutrition Center (feed mill) opens in North Auburn.
Campus Map Location
History & Legacy
William A. Dozier
Department Head, Professor
302E Poultry Science Building
Auburn Univ, AL 36849
Auburn Univ, AL 36849