AU Shellfish Lab
- Results of a national survey of impacts upon aquaculture and related businesses, draft version
- Compilation of resources by the National Sea Grant Program
- National Sea Grant Law Center’s Legal Guide for Direct Marketing of Aquaculture Products in Alabama
- The CARES act includes a number of options for small businesses. The U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship has provided a guide to the CARES Act for small business owners.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses, including aquaculture, suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus. For more information, call 1-800-659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The National Fisheries Institute provides answers to some frequently asked questions about seafood safety in relation to Coronavirus.
- The USDA’s Farm Service Agency has an emergency farm loan program that may be or may become available in your area. FSA’s Emergency loan program is intended to help eligible farmers and ranchers rebuild and recover from sustained losses.
Associate Professor & Extension Specialist
251-861-3018, Ext 2