Strategic Plan — Extension
Our Impact: Extension
GOAL: Inspire and empower others and provide leadership to improve the profitability, quality of life, and societal well-being for people in Alabama through science-based Extension programs.
SUPPORTING OBJECTIVES WITH CORRESPONDING TACTICS:
- Develop innovative needs-based extension programming.
- Develop integrated theme-based extension programming which will lead to increased team networking (e.g. water, food safety, climate, economics)
- Educate community and commodity leaders to strengthen state-wide agriculture and natural resource related constituencies.
- Identify, create, and support continuing education certificate programs that harness faculty expertise
- Use targeted, innovative delivery methods tailored to reach meet specific audience and address their unique circumstances.
- Engage inter- and intra-generational audiences
- Utilize culturally new and familiar techniques to strengthen communication and learning experiences
- Reach historically traditional audiences using familiar techniques and newer technology to allow them to move forward in today’s informational environment.
- Create a culture of integrated research- based Extension programming.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration, training, and problem solving opportunities
- Provide platforms that compare multiple solutions and alternatives to constituent needs
- Raise public awareness of and access to Extension programs, resources, career opportunities, and societal impacts.
- Initiate and develop collaborations to support community led activities that reach audiences not previously served by Extension.
- Provide opportunities for students to participate and interact in Extension programming and activities and develop them as future Extension advocates
- Engage non-Extension faculty in Extension programming and activities to meet needs of stakeholders.