Lecture Capture and Flipped Classroom Software
Panopto is an easy-to-use tool for recording lectures and flipping your classroom. The software can be used in classrooms on campus that are already equipped with a built-in recording system, or it can be installed on any PC or laptop. With Panopto, you can record your screen and audio, as well as video from your webcam. All recordings are automatically uploaded to the Auburn Panopto server and can be automatically integrated with CANVAS, where they can be shared with your students. Below you’ll find more information on using Panopto, sample videos, the benefits Panopto offers you and your students, links to resources, and more.
|Sample Lecture Video||Sample Flipped Class Video|
- Record lectures – Many of our classrooms are already equipped to record with Panopto. You can either record your own lectures, or our learning technology team can schedule your recordings in advance.
- Flip your classroom – Panopto runs on PCs and Macs, making it easy to record flipped classroom videos that you can share with your students. Panopto also includes iPhone and iPad apps for recording micro-lectures from your smartphone or tablet.
- Student multimedia projects – A great way to engage students is through multimedia projects that students can record using Panopto on their laptop, smart phone, or tablet. Assignments are automatically uploaded to a secure “dropbox” for your review.
- Live stream video – For distance learning or on-campus events, Panopto allows you to to live stream video and presentations to students, family, and friends anywhere around the world.
- Automated: Our Panopto server can be scheduled for a single lecture recording or for an entire semester at a time, eliminating the need for a technician to be present to capture your lectures. Contact the learning technology team to schedule your lecture recordings.
- Versatile: Panopto can capture anything on your computer screen (from PowerPoint slides to complex animations), document cameras, and video from just about any camera. Once captured, recordings are processed into an interactive, searchable web format as well as audio and video podcasts that students can watch on any device.
- Integrated: Panopto integrates with our Canvas learning management system. All recordings can easily be shared as part of your course materials, and students can access Panopto recordings using their university login ID and password from any device.
- Manageable: Panopto helps ensure that all recordings are captured and stored in compliance with university policy. A wide range of reports can also be generated to help you understand how your recordings are being viewed.
- Searchable: Panopto automatically indexes all of your recordings so that students can find and fast-forward to words that are mentioned in the lecture, displayed on-screen, or that appear anywhere else in the video.
Additional classrooms may be configured as requested.
- Comer Hall: 109, 204, 207, 311
- Funchess Hall: 160, 243*, 246*, 247*, 336, 358, 362
- Poultry Science: 120
- Rouse Life Sciences: 112A, 114
- Swingle Hall: 303
- Upchurch Hall: 203, 218, 220, 301
- * Classroom has a dedicated camera to capture whiteboard content.
Panopto can record the screen and webcam from any PC or laptop.The equipment that we recommend and use to capture primary audio and video from the classrooms is:
- Microsoft Lifecam Studio Webcam. It has exellent audio and video capture capability. It is available from Govconnection.