College of Agriculture Scholarship Committee, 2012-2013
Members advises on college scholarship awards. The members also serve as liaisons for their department’s scholarship committees, where decisions on department scholarships are made. The committee has also been utilized to make recommendations on college faculty and student awards, such as the President’s Award, Dean’s Award, Comer Medal, SGA Outstanding Student Award, Student Marshal, Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence, and Dean’s Award for Advising Excellence.
Each department in the College of Agriculture will have a representative on this committee. The members of this committee will be appointed by the department heads/chairs. The Dean of the College of Agriculture will confirm the members of the committee. Traditionally, the members are also members of their respective department scholarship committees and possibly the chair of their department committees. The term of service is for up to three years. Successive terms are allowed. The associate dean for instruction serves as chair of the committee.
- Ashley Whatley Aston (Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology)
- Tracy Collier Cline (Fisheries, Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences)
- Mark Dougherty (Biosystems Engineering)
- Glenn Fain (Horticulture)
- Brendan Higgins (Biosystems Engineering)
- Carolyn Huntington (Animal Sciences)
- Kathy Lawrence (Entomology and Plant Pathology)
- Codi Plaster (Poultry Science/Food Science)
- William Rankin (Entomology and Plant Pathology)
- Jian Rong (Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology)
- Megan Ross (Student Services)
- Elizabeth Smith (Crop Soils & Environmental Science)
- Amy Wright, Chair (Deans Office)