Strategic Plan — Diversity and Inclusion
Our Impact: Diversity and Inclusion
GOAL: Equip students and employees to achieve their full potential by supporting a diverse and inclusive culture that is welcoming and respectful.
SUPPORTING OBJECTIVES WITH CORRESPONDING TACTICS:
- Build a culture among students, faculty, and staff on the value of cultural awareness.
- Develop modules on diversity and inclusion to facilitate during the Learning Community course for all students.
- Incorporate Diversity and Inclusion training for supervisors conducted by Human Resources, and extend it to all faculty and staff in the college.
- Develop a speaker series program for the college.
- Promote diversity activities across campus for faculty, staff, and students.
- Recruit and retain a diverse faculty, staff, and student population in the college.
- Develop a graduate assistantship program to recruit underrepresented graduate students.
- Identify funds to offer scholarships to underrepresented students.
- Recruit talented minority high school students with an interest in science.
- Identify opportunities for faculty to serve as mentors to students from underserved populations.
- Ensure a diverse search process and availability of diversity training for search committees members.
- Develop long term recruitment strategies across all departments.
- Build and strengthen partnerships with diverse communities, businesses, and civic and community organizations.
- Establish affiliate faculty member agreements with other state institutions.
- Cultivate professional networks to expand opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.