Ag Peer Mentoring Program
The College of Ag Peer Mentors serve to enhance the academic advising services and professional development of undergraduate students in the College of Agriculture. Mentor responsibilities include supplementing academic advising services, increasing awareness of and participation in career developments activities, and providing targeted workshops for students to enhance academic performance. Mentors are available to answer questions and provide guidance from a student’s perspective in regards to advising and academic matters, as well insight on high-impact experiences such as internships, study abroad, and undergraduate research. Ag Peer Mentors hold weekly office hours in which current students can schedule meetings to address academic and career exploration questions.
Phone Number: (334) 844-2365
Office Hours for SPRING 2017
NO OFFICE HOURS
11 a.m. -noon — Jaida West
12:30 -2 p.m— Zach Burgess
2 -3:30 p.m. — Cammie Grace Weaver
9-10 a.m. — Lilly Oaks
10- 11 a.m. — Rachel Kuntz
11 am.- noon – Jaida West
Noon-3 p.m. – Mary Jo Toohey
Peer Mentor Applicant Requirements:
- Must be an entering junior or senior enrolled in a major in the College of Agriculture.
- Have and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Be highly motivated, energetic, dependable and knowledgeable.
- Be able to demonstrate outstanding leadership skills.
- Must have participated in career development either through the College of Agriculture or University Career Center.
- Must be able to speak about experience with academic support services.
Applications for the College of Agriculture Peer Mentoring Program are distributed via email during late February and are due my mid-March. The interview and selection process is completed at the end of March. Students interested in serving the college as a Peer Mentor should check their email regularly for the application and submission deadlines.