- AAS- Environmental Horticulture- Columbus Technical College
- BS- Environmental Science- American Public University
- MS- Plant & Environmental Sciences- Clemson University
- PhD- Plant & Environmental Sciences- Clemson University
- Clemson University Dept. of Pesticide Regulation- Agriculture Compliance Specialist- 2013-2020
- Georgia Dept. of Agriculture- Agriculture Inputs Inspector- 2011-2013
- Costa Farms/Garden vision- Territory Supervisor- 2009-2011
- DreamScapes Landscaping Company- Owner- 2006-2009
- Outdoor Solutions- Landscape Manager-2002-2006
Recent or Select Honors & Awards
- Future Leader in Science Award Winner- ASA, CSA, SSSA- 2018
- South Carolina Sports Turf Association Scholarship Winner- 2019
- Crop Science Policy Committee Member- 2020-2023
- SEED (Scientists Educating and Engaging Decision Makers) 2019-2020
- Ambassador Co-hort. ASA, CSA, SSSA.
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) Grassroots Ambassador – 2019
- Agronomy, Crop, and Soil Society of America
- American Society for Horticulture Science
- Carolina’s Golf Course Superintendent Association
- Georgia Golf Course Superintendent Association
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
- National Association of Landscape Professionals
- Georgia Green Industry Association
Biostimulants and the effects they have on turfgrass and ornamental’s.
- Course Instructor, “Pesticide Regulations: What you need to know,” Carolinas Golf Course Superintendent’s Association, Nov 2018.
- Workshop, “Understanding the label and licensing process for applicators,” Fire Ant Management Training for school employees, April 2019.
- General Session Speaker, Pesticide Regulatory Update. Carolinas Golf Course Superintendent’s Association, Nov 2019.
- GCSAA Course Instructor, Golf Industry Show, Orlando, FL January 27-29, 2020.
Recent Courses Taught
HORT2020/2023 – Horticulture Crop Production
HORT 5230/6230 – Nursery Management
Recent or Select Publications
- Joshua R. Weaver ⃰, Lambert B. McCarty, Virgil Quisenberry, William C. Bridges, L. Ray Hubbard, Jr., and Philip J. Brown. Evaluating Biological Thatch Control on Turfgrass in a Greenhouse. This work has been submitted to International Turfgrass Society Research Journal, 2020.
- Joshua R. Weaver⃰, Lambert B. McCarty, Virgil Quisenberry, William C. Bridges, L. Ray Hubbard, Jr., and Philip J. Brown. Evaluating Biological Thatch Control on Turfgrass on Golf Greens. This work has been submitted to Crop Science, 2020.
- Josh R. Weaver, Nathaniel Gambrell, Lambert B. McCarty, and Philip J. Brown. “Control of Japanese Stiltgrass (Microstegium vimineum) in Golf Course Natural Areas.” Weed Technology. Published 04/17/2020.
- Weaver, J., McCarty, L.B., Gambrell, N., Patrick, C. “Postemergence Control for Poa annua,” Southern Weed Science Society, Feb. 2-6, 2019, Oklahoma, City, OK.
- Evaluating Biological Thatch Control on Golf Greens. J.R Weaver, L.B. McCarty*, V. Quisenberry, R. Hubbard and W. Bridges. ASA, CSA, SSSA Annual Meeting, Nov. 10-13, 2019, San Antonio, TX.
- Weaver, J., McCarty, L.B., Gambrell, N., Cross, R.B. “Postemergence Control of Southern Watergrass (Luziola fluitans) and Torpedograss- Year2,” Southern Weed Society, Jan. 20-23, 2018, Atlanta, GA.
- Mikhailova, E., Post, C., Chandler, R., Cole, M., Weaver, J., Zurqani, H., Cope, M., and M. Schlautman. 2016. Estimating plant available water in the Ap horizon using geospatial analysis of field and SSURGO data. Poster No. 175-619. In Annual meetings abstracts [on-line]. ASA, CSSA, and SSSA Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ. November 6-November 9.
- Estimating Plant-Available Water in the Ap Horizon Using Geospatial Analysis of Field and SSURGO Data. April 2018. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 49(9):1119-1127
- Megan Shearer, Amy Dabbs (Clemson Extension), Zack Snipes (Clemson University), Vicky Bertagnolli (Clemson Extension), Joshua Weaver (Department of Pesticide Regulation). Educators’ Guide to Managing Red Imported Fire Ants in School or Community Vegetable Gardens. July 2019.
Auburn Univ, AL 36849