Extramural Support for International Work

Fulbright Program

Established in 1946, the Fulbright Program aims to increase mutual understanding between the peoples of the United State and other countries through the exchange of persons, knowledge and skills.

Fulbright Program

U.S. State Department

The U.S. State Department has a number of grant programs to support study abroad and faculty organizing such programs. Proposals are largely due in May and June of each year.

U.S. State Department

International Programs

The USEPA International Programs page links to various funding opportunities.

USEPA International Programs

USAID Higher Education for Development

USAID’s Higher Education for Development (HED) aims to diversify, expand and deepen the engagement of higher education in international development activities, with a focus on human and institutional capacity building and strengthening, to address global development.

Higher Education for Development

NIH Fogarty International Center

The NIH Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences can be a source of funding. It is important to discuss your project with a program officer before submission.

NIH Fogarty International Center

USAID Collaborative Research Support

USAID’s Collaborative Research Support programs offer periodic opportunities for proposal submission. Contact the director of the relevant Innovation Lab for more information.

See also the page on extramural funding sources, which expands on some of the material above.

Innovation Labs   Extramural Funding Sources