PLPA 5203/6206 Mycology
ABOUT THE COURSE:
In this an undergraduate/graduate level course, that will broaden your knowledge about fungi. This is a comprehensive survey of the fungi, their evolution, morphology and ontogeny of reproductive structures will be discussed. Consideration will be given to their physiology and role as plant pathogens.
In this course, students will:
- gain an appreciation of general Mycology
- evaluate and formulate knowledge on morphology and identification of fungi
- examine the mechanisms and environmental conditions which facilitate fungal plant pathogens
Each student will be required to complete examinations, lab reports, record an oral presentation, provide a fungi collection, write a research paper, and participate in online discussions.
LECTURE AND LAB:
- Alexopoulos, C. J. , Introductory Mycology. (5th ed.). John Wiley & Sons
- Webster, J. C. and R. W. S Weber. Introduction of Fungi. (3rd ed.) Cambridge
- Kendrick, Bryce. The Fifth Kingdom. Available Online