Dean’s Research Award
The College of Agriculture Dean’s Research Award is to recognize faculty members with accumulated high merit of scholarship and exemplary research performance over time. The award has two categories: The Dean’s Research Award for Junior Faculty, and the Dean’s Research Award for Senior Faculty.
All assistant professors, associate professors and non-tenure track faculty members (defined to include Research Professor series and Research Fellow IV) who have been at Auburn for eight years or less are eligible for the Dean’s Research Award for Junior Faculty, while associate professors and non-tenure track faculty members who have been at Auburn for more than eight years and all full professors are eligible for the Dean’s Research Award for Senior Faculty.
Nominations may be submitted by department heads/chairs, school director or faculty members (including self-nominations).
- Letter of nomination should include an explanation of how candidate has excelled in responsibilities associated with research.
- Summary of research activities, including specific achievements or accomplishments, graduate student instruction and advising, and programmatic development. This section is limited to three typed pages.
- A list of extramural grants and contracts including all competitive grants, industry support, commodity support, and other types of funding received to support the research, but excluding internal grants, gifts and earmarks.
- A complete list of publications including books, refereed journal articles, and book chapters, but excluding abstracts, meeting proceedings, and presentations.
- Total number of verifiable citations (e.g., SCI/SSCI, Google Scholar, Publish or Perish or other verifiable sources), with a link to the Google Scholar user profile.
- Patents, innovations, significant method or product development, and economic and social impact.
- A list of major professional service activities such as grant review panels, journal editors, professional societies, awards, honors, recognitions, etc.
All nominations will be evaluated by the College Research Awards Committee.
The winners will receive a plaque recognizing this accomplishment.